Monday, December 27, 2010

A Tale of Four Blogs

How do you build content from ideas? Here’s a short look at what I’ve done.

I ran into this blog at 37 Signals. Read it and note the content, it’s short, basically a quote, so with that in mind…

I wrote a post on this blog called “What You Practice” in which I said that you can gain some self-awareness for your blog and career.

I wrote a personal post called “What You Practice” in which I noted that life is short, and working on what you write about is important.

In my business blog, “What You Practice” talks about the need to think about money, in keeping with the original idea of the 37 Signals post.

I actually even got another post for this blog on “Tag Clouds” from this idea. I had been meaning to write it, but this inspired me.

When you have an idea, think about it from different perspectives, and look at the ways that you can talk about what occurred to you. It doesn’t have to be something you read, but it could be something that you came up with yourself, but an idea ought to be able to spawn a few different posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment