Monday, October 15, 2012

Is Your Work Worth Doing?

This is an interesting blog that talks about people that find value, satisfaction, or worthiness in their jobs, however small, because they’re making a difference in the world. Sometimes a tiny difference, but a difference nonetheless.

I hope you view the world in the same way, that you think there are things you do that make life better for other people. Whether that’s one other person or one million.

That’s how I view the talks I give on SQL Server. I’m not trying to lecture the world or impress everyone with some amazing new technical item. I’m trying to reach one or two people, get them to think, and hopefully make their job better.

I also highly value the people I work with. If I don’t like them, I don’t take the job.

If you don’t think there’s something in your job worth doing, perhaps you should think about finding a new job.

This TED talk on the subject is referenced in the article, and worth watching.

Chip Conley: Measuring What makes life worthwhile

No comments:

Post a Comment