Monday, February 25, 2013

Choosing Topics

What should I blog about?

I hear this question all the time. I almost never have trouble finding topics, but I’ve had a lot of practice, and I’m thinking about blogging regularly. However I do remember struggling a long time ago and wondering what I should write about that would represent my brand well.

In my talk, here’s the list of things I mention:

  • Learn
  • Know
  • Solve
  • Do
  • Think

That’s really the list of things. Whenever you do one of these, write about it. If you have to go look up how to solve a problem or write code, blog about it. If you come up with a new solution to some problem at work, write about it. If you find something interesting that you’ve read, write about it.

Don’t copy posts. Don’t republish someone else’s post, but write your own take on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment